I just listened to an inspiring talk by Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan on the reflections on Surah Al-Kahf.
Ustadh Nouman stressed on the importance of the Muslim youth to have clear direction in life. Muslim youth need to identify their skills and see how they can use it to serve Allah's deen.
And he highlighted 3 areas where Muslims, in this case young Muslims have to improve, as a starting point.
Improve our worship to Allah swt.
- sleep early, wake up early for Fajr, understand what we recite in Solah, read Quran in the morning etc.
- Have Quran in our hearts because inspiration comes from the Quran. Try to memorize as many ayahs as we can.
He mentioned and I quote "We talk about changing the world, we can't even change our day yet." Can't agree more on that, Brother Nouman :)
Be educated Muslims.
- by the end of the year, study at least a couple of things ie Sirah. Study the life of the Prophet ﷺ
- get substantial gains in Quran: set a goal, memorize a surah, understand the tafseer, consume it.
- don't randomly pick ayahs from surahs. Select a surah, focus on it, then move on to another surah. For example, make it a "Suratul Kahf" year.
- Learn 3 or 4 du'as from the Prophet ﷺ and PRACTICE it. Read it everyday. It brings you closer to Allah swt because you KNOW what you are asking from Him.
- set a time (weekend or once in a month), do a service, help people.
- volunteer in a good cause, be part of it, it'll build your maturity because you realise that everything is not about you. It'll bring you closer to Allah swt in no time إن شاء الله.
مَاشَآءَاللّهُ what a clear, simple guide that Brother Nouman has shared with us. Now it's time to act upon it.
We CAN DO IT, brothers and sisters!
May Allah swt help us, strengthen us, keep us steadfast on this effort to getting close to Him. And may He keep our intentions pure, that everything we do is just for His sake.
اَمِين يَا رَبَّ الْعَالَمين
If you wanna listen to the full talk, please click this link :)