Tuesday, June 21, 2011

aku dan micheal bay

Assalamualaikum and hellooooooo people!

Ok, this was way back when I was at Spencer Azizul doing my internship (again).
I discovered what I wanted to do for a living. Check it out.

Sometime in 2008...

Today I had a new spirit. For once, I was so sure what I wanted to do for a living. It was no longer advertising. It was film making.

It all began this morning, when I arrived at the office, and nobody was around. I remembered that I wanted to view Micheal Bay’s profile because I admired the work of this Transformer’s director. This was when I came across his official website – micheal bay dot com. Believe me, it was very inspirational.

I loved movies. And I loved what’s happening behind the scene. I admired the director’s powerful imagination and skill. So, excitingly I read his profile and the story of his life. This was part of it:

“When I was 12 or 13, I used to make these very elaborate train sets in my bedroom. I just loved going into my imagination and making stories about the little fake town and creating my own little disasters. It was very elaborate; detailed mountains, mom-and-pop stores, houses, trees, golf courses. The idea was to make it as realistic as I could get it. I remember one time my parents came into my room to have a serious talk, you know. I was spending too much time locked away with my train sets, and they wanted me to get outside more. I actually made my first movie about one of my train sets. I was doing some glue fires and the buildings caught on fire, and that caught the drapes on fire. I put most of it out, but it kind of wrecked my room. I was grounded for three weeks.”

Mr. Bay remembered his mother's visit to the "Pearl Harbor" set in Mexico, the same huge water tank where James Cameron filmed much of "Titanic." On the set, Mr. Bay and his team had constructed portions of Battleship Row, the central cluster of military vessels that were hit by Japanese bombers on Dec. 7, 1941.

"The crew had put up this director's chair for her and put a sign on it that said `Mom,' " Mr. Bay said."And she came and sat down and looked around, and it was all really just massive. And she said, `Oh, it kind of looks like your train set, only bigger.' "

After I read this, I grew to admire him even more. And I so wanted to be part of it. I wanted to be part of the crew! So I went to Hairil, my internship partner and told him my new ambition.

“Hairil… aku dah tau aku nak keje ape..,” I said, walking in his department. Well, not his department, actually. He just coincidently appointed to sit there and because he was the only person to be in that huge room, he felt like he was the CEO of the agency. (Hairil tolong jangan libas aku)

He made a what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about look to me. Then I replied with my do-not-make-me-repeat-myself look to him. After a few seconds of digesting the information, he opened his mouth, “So, ape yang ko nak sedih-sedih ni?”

Then I was like, did he digest the information right?

“Ape ko ni? Aku kate aku dah tau aku nak keje ape la,” I said.

“Iyelah aku tau la, gile. (that’s what we call each other) so if ko dah tau ko nak keje kat mana, you should be happy la. Tak payah susah-susah cari keje lagi,” he replied. Still maintaining that look.

Then I threw him a you-certainly-did-not-digest-the-information-right expression and said, “Sape kate aku dapat keje. Aku kate aku tau nak keje ape la bengong! Apela susah sangat nak cakap dengan ko ni?? Semput aku tau.”

“Owh… I thought you kata you dah tau you nak keje ape tu maksudnye you dah tau you dapat keje kat mane. Ha, ape ko nak keje?” he said, glancing at his computer.

“Itula ko. Cakap dengan ko selalu buat aku semput. Information yang sebaris boleh jadi lapan belas baris dengan ko tau tak,” I continued.

“Cepat-cepat-cepat. Jangan nak membebel di sini. Cepat la gile ko nak keje ape??”

Then I paused and saw Hairil waiting patiently for my answer.

“Aku nak keje dengan MICHEAL BAY!!!!” I said, in a sad but slightly excited tone voice.

And slowly, I saw the expression on Hairil’s face changing. He looked like a murderer who just found his long-lost enemy and needed to kill his enemy right away. And the enemy was me! And when he opened his mouth, “KO NI MEMANG MEMBUANG MASA AKU KAN! AKU PUNYELAH SERIOUS NAK DENGAR, KO MEMAIN DENGAN AKU YE! AWAS KO!"

“La… I was being serious! Aku nak keja dengan Micheal Bay~! keje buat air pun jadilah… huhu… Hairil.. nak keje dengan Micheal Bay…,” I said, making a sympathetic face.

Unfortunately, he was not fooled by my so-called sympathetic face and said, “Suka hati ko lah. Malas aku nak layan.”

Only after that, I realized that I could never work with Micheal Bay.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment